About Troop 435
Come visit us on one of our Monday night troop meetings, from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM at East Cobb United Methodist Church. Prospective scouts can join in the camaraderie of the scouting activities while parents chat with Troop 435 parents. Email us at email@example.com to learn more.
We are a boy led troop which actively adheres to the Patrol Method for scouting and also believes scouting should be fun and enjoyable for both scouts and parents.
- A typical meeting agenda opens with a 20 minute game followed by planning for upcoming events, advancement work, and scout skills before closing with announcements.
- Patrols will plan, pack and procure food for their menu and camping gear for outings.
- Scout leadership elections are held every 6 months. We range from 25 to 40 active scouts. The benefit of a smaller Troop is every scout will have several leadership opportunities, including being Senior Patrol Leader.
- On the first Monday of the month the Senior Patrol Leader holds the Patrol Leaders Council meeting to plan for the upcoming 2 months of meetings and activities.
Besides working on advancement and scouting skills during meetings, we plan troop activities that use the skills we develop and are a lot of fun:
- Cooking challenges - Dutch Oven, Backpacking Style, Pancake Cook Off, Iron Chef
- Inter Patrol Competition - Lashed A-frame races, knot relays, lashing a launcher/catapult challenge
- Map & Compass - Treasure Hunt
Once a month, the Scouts plan and execute a weekend Troop activity. These activities consist of camp outs, backpacking trips, river-rafting, canoeing, bicycling trips, rock-climbing trips, historical tours, and other trips envisioned and voted upon by the Scouts during their yearly planning. For many of these trips the family is welcome to join us.
Each summer, one week is dedicated to Scout Summer Camp. The Scouts pick the camp they want to attend from information provided by the Troop Committee. The scouts choose from camps in and out of council. Summer camps provide a program for new scouts to jump start them on their way to First Class.
Come check us out!